Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sign Of The Times?

I hadn't even heard about this until I saw a reference on Wil Wheaton's blog, but it's one of the more bizarre stories I've read in recent days. If you already know about what happened in Boston late last week - I didn't! - then you may not find this noteworthy. Otherwise, read on...

First, check out this.

Next, peruse this followup story.

Then, explain it to me! How did an LED display showing a cartoon character flipping everyone the bird translate to a terrorist threat in anyone's mind, let alone officials in a city like Boston?? Has Bush really driven his country that insane?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on how did that cute neon guy end up being a terrorist threat? I'd read about it in the paper and I just don't get it. Perhaps you had to be there to feel threatened?

cjguerra said...

He's flipping a bird! At a bird! Under bridges! BRIDGES PEOPLE!

One of the stupidest things ever. Lite-Bright != bomb.

cjguerra said...

Being threatened by that would be like being threatened by graffiti. People don't think things through very well - if it was a bomb, it would have to be a few kilos worth of any kind of explosive to do damage to a large modern bridge. Little sign is not big enough...

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny. Nine other cities without incident and Boston goes into super-twitchy high alert.