Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Headsets Good (Albeit Flaky)

There's definitely something to be said for having the wireless headsets when playing online with friends, as a bunch of us did tonight. But I had to leave the game two or three times to go re-register the headset with the PS/3 in order to keep it working. Where the device was really handy, though, was at the end when it was just Boneman and I playing in whatever game we could find, because we didn't have to type messages at all! Really sped up the communication, as you'd expect.

Here it is end-of-day Wednesday and the stats still haven't been updated in the game since Sunday! I'm a little unimpressed that there's been no communication from Insomniac (the game providers) on the forums that they set up specifically for R:FoM players. I've worked in software long enough to know that it's entirely possible they've been working on the problem since Monday - or not! - but even a simple "We're aware of it and working hard to solve the issue" message would go a long way. I'm getting awfully sick of seeing my "XP To Level" value of 4309, after all the times I've checked it since Monday morning. And I really hope we don't lose all the XPs we picked up this week, especially seeing as they're showing up on the webpage. That's a lot of points to not get credit for, in my case anyway (probably up over 9000 now).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...I am a measely 54 points away...all things being said, I should be fully promoted (and possibly into my 2nd pip).

If we lose all those points, it won't just be US that's upset..the minions at large.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Stats are now updated! Woohoo!

I got my 3rd pip as Lieutenant General and in fact only need a measly 694 XPs now to get promoted to full General!