Friday, February 09, 2007

Since When Have My Tastes Been Common?

Not too ago, I wrote this post about the cover of Crisis on Infinite Earths # 7, how it was one of my favourites ever, and how I was going to vote for it in DC Comics' recent poll of favourite covers.

This week DC revealed the results of that popularity contest, and by "a surprisingly overwhelming margin," COIE # 7 won it all! Hey, I only voted once, I swear!! Clearly a lot of other people hold it in as high regard as I do, for probably a myriad of reasons (I covered mine previously).

The next four biggest vote-getters were all good ones: Flash (Vol I) # 123 (the introduction of the whole Earth-1/Earth-2 setup that Crisis was responsible for obliterating!), The Dark Knight Returns # 1 (the start of Frank Miller's groundbreaking 1986 mini-series), Action Comics # 1 (we all know who debuted there, right?), and the chilling image fronting the Alan Moore/Brian Bolland masterpiece, Batman: The Killing Joke, another favourite of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job being in the mainstream!