Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Favourite Law...

... is Kelly Law, the British Columbia curler! She and her team had a great run a few years back, winning the Scott Tournament of Hearts a time or two, and even won a bronze medal (if memory serves) at the Winter Olympics in 2002. Then she had a baby in 2003 and dropped off the face of the planet, seemingly forever (at least that's what it felt like to me).

But now she's back, and is in the Scott Tournament of Hearts that's underway right now, representing B.C.! If only she'd come back a year earlier, we could've seen her live and in person when we took in some of last year's games! Even that missed opportunity, though, can't sour my enjoyment over the fact that I get to watch her play on TV again, something I've sorely missed the last several years. She's a very good curler, with a great head for the game and impressive skill at it; plus she's a real cutie, to boot! And when things don't go her way, she always seems to take it in stride, unlike a lot of other personalities in the game. There's pretty much no downside to watching her play, except that I hate it when she loses...

Half of her team is new this year, but I'm still hopeful team B.C. can win it all in Lethbridge!

No comments: