Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Need A Change Of Underwear!

And my buddy Tim may need one, too, after he reads this!

As I said to Vicki, the most welcome comic news I might hope to read these days would be that Alan Moore had mended fences with DC Comics and has signed on to write one of the monthly Superman titles (or better yet, JLA!). A close second, though, has long been the dream of having Neal Adams return to do some new Batman material. And here he is, announcing that he's doing exactly that, presumably pissing DC off in the process as I'm sure they'd love to have done a big press release of their own instead of it dribbling out this way! I guess we'll see how long it is before they stop with the "No Comment" response and start banging the publicity drums like they should be!

Ironically, Adams gained a reputation in the early 70s for being late with his artwork, back when that was an extremely rare event. Nowadays it's common as dirt, so he wouldn't even stand out in that regard. Still, I'm hoping DC gets most, if not all, of his work in the can before soliciting the first issue. It'd be nice to have them coming out on a regular and frequent basis, like comics are supposed to, and unlike the other high profile Batman title right now, All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, which is tending to come out once or twice a year so far!

Hard to put into words how pulse-quickeningly exciting this news is to old-timer comic fans like me... but I'm sure Tim understands, wherever he is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This just might drah me back into Sequential Art and also get a change of underwear.

The link talks about Adams plotting and Miller scripting. Wish is was all Miller writing, since from what i remember of CA comics, the plots were just horrible.