Saturday, February 24, 2007

Community Players

The creation of, and the enjoyment I'm getting from, our online clan of co-workers currently playing Resistance: Fall of Man makes me appreciate the concept of community. Our company has lots of communities within it, which is something I wrote about on my work blog a month or so ago. The simple action of commenting on what already existed prompted one employee to start up a photography group, and another to launch something related to knitting. And while I wasn't personally interested in either of those two new initiatives, I loved the idea that the people I work with are so ready and willing to form new, open societies at the drop of a hat. I joked to someone at the time that, no, I wasn't going to create any sort of comic book club at work, because, after all, who the Hell wants to associate with those social misfits? OK, so I was only partially joking! But the fact that I probably could do something like that, and find kindred spirits in the process, is pretty cool.

And yes, I'm blogging about something positive to do with work in order to try to re-balance the universe. At least I'm trying!

No comments: