Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stealing A Page From Hinckley's Book Of Tele-Marketing Tricks

I like the notion Hinckley came up with on his own blog, of awarding milestone Blog Point achievers the 'right' to post on his blog. But not wanting to simply copy him, I'm going to do something similar but different, and probably mix it up each time this happens.

So, in recognition of Hinckley passing the 25 BP mark here (way to go, Jimmy!), I'm going to give him his choice of 'rewards', which will be implemented for post # 600, which is just around the corner (this is # 589):

a) I can provide a Blast from the Past short story previously written by me;
b) I can write a new short story about whatever I want; or
c) Hinckley can provide me with either an opening sentence, a title, or a short plot description, and I'll write a new short story employing it.

It's his choice, but he has to decide no later than end of day Friday (tomorrow) in order to give me time over the weekend, in case he chooses 2) or 3)!!

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

I choose c.

I was going to give the title:
"The Undeniable Superiority Of the Universally Loved Pittsburgh Steelers"...but that's been written already.

Instead how about an opening sentence:

I awoke with a start in the "recovery room" of what passes for a hospital in the free zone...free of government monitoring.