Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bad Day For New York Football Teams

Both the Jets and the Giants lost their playoff games today, sending the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles on to the next round in their place. Like yesterday, the AFC game was so-so, with the final minutes being downright boring, and the NFC game was a nail-biter right down to the last few seconds. And like yesterday, I was 1-1 in my picks (wrong on the Jets, right on the Eagles), making me 2-2 over the first weekend. Hinckley is 4-0 after picking only home teams in the first round. I guess he must've known something I didn't, although the Cowboys should've won yesterday, in which case both Hinckley and I would be 3-1 now. Such are the vagaries of the sports gods!

Final Scores: New England 37, Jets 16 and
Philadelphia 23, Giants 20

Next week's matchups:

Indianapolis at Baltimore
New England at San Diego
Seattle at Chicago
Philadelphia at New Orleans

I'll reflect a bit before making any predictions on those games!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

coulda, woulda, shoulda...but didn't.

4-0 baby....woohoo

Barring any significant injury updates, my picks are in already.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Damn you, Hinckley! I'd've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you and those meddling kids!!