Monday, January 08, 2007

Up Mine!

My Up Series on DVD arrived in the mail today! This is the series of documentaries, starting with 7-Up and running through 42-Up, which details a group of Brits from a variety of social backgrounds as they advance through their lives, starting at age 7 and checking back every 7 years. I had hoped to find a collection that included 49-Up, the 2006 addition to the series, but couldn't. So I've ordered that DVD separately and should have it later this week or early next. Roger Ebert is a huge fan of Michael Apted's mesmerizing series, and I only discovered it (years ago) because of his glowing reviews.

I can hardly wait to watch the entire run, since I've only seen two or three of them, one at a time, before this!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

omigosh please don't watch any without me!!! i'll come over at a moment's notice if need be

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

We're already on 21-Up! You were too slow!!

J/K.. of course we'll wait for you, despite your unforgivable decision to go see the latest James Bond movie without us.... :-(

Tammy said...

i nearly had a heart attack

Tammy said...

and thanks :)